Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Internet Speed Tests :P
I'm so glad that I only had dial up for maybe 2 years then my parents were able to get cable or something faster, forgot which, but when I was younger I mainly hung out in boards like this so it wasn't so bad for me, not too much to really load unless someone had a really awesome HUGE picture
"Death is an end result given to you at birth"
"Come with me into this wild abyss and you shall never return"
[Image: 308203795.png]

What do I win? ;-)
Envy.
[url="http://left4deadforums.com"]Left 4 Dead Forums!
[Image: SigComplete.png][/url]
Join us! -- Win Left 4 Dead! -- The Latest L4D News!
wasted Wrote:[Image: 308203795.png]

What do I win? ;-)

What...the...fuck?

Is that a local connection or is that like a University?

~Century0
Century0 Wrote:Lol, only you X-Kal. And god, don't remind me of internet gaming on a 56k... /wrist.

~Century0

Hey, I used to play Ragnarok Online with a dialup connection. The big trouble was on patch day - we always had to make sure to keep retrying the patch throughout the week, otherwise we'd fall behind - and if any of them were large patches... ack. The updater would want you to load *all* the patches, and would start over if you got disconnected throughout the process. Now, it took us about an hour or two to patch on a typical day, which was enough time for me to finish one week of Calculus homework - not bad, eh? I mean, in terms of the calculus :-P

I got very used to setting patchers up to go while I'd be reading, or watching TV, or whatever. It just wasn't a big deal, since my ways of thinking were much different than they are today. I guess if I had to, I could go back, but do I really want to?
[Image: XKalSig1.png]
Short answer: no.

Smile
[url="http://left4deadforums.com"]Left 4 Dead Forums!
[Image: SigComplete.png][/url]
Join us! -- Win Left 4 Dead! -- The Latest L4D News!
X-Kal Wrote:Hey, I used to play Ragnarok Online with a dialup connection. The big trouble was on patch day - we always had to make sure to keep retrying the patch throughout the week, otherwise we'd fall behind - and if any of them were large patches... ack. The updater would want you to load *all* the patches, and would start over if you got disconnected throughout the process. Now, it took us about an hour or two to patch on a typical day, which was enough time for me to finish one week of Calculus homework - not bad, eh? I mean, in terms of the calculus :-P

I got very used to setting patchers up to go while I'd be reading, or watching TV, or whatever. It just wasn't a big deal, since my ways of thinking were much different than they are today. I guess if I had to, I could go back, but do I really want to?

I remember downloading 100mb files on 56k... /wrist. Like 6-7 hours or more. Now, I can download 100mb in under a minute. Lol.

~Century0
Century0 Wrote:Is that a local connection or is that like a University?

Same network as this website. ;-)
[Image: 309540360.png]

Big Grin

Oh, what makes the gaming less laggier? Down or Up?
Pimorez Wrote:[Image: 309540360.png]

Big Grin

Oh, what makes the gaming less laggier? Down or Up?

Depends, most of the time it would be a combination of both. It varies a lot on how the game is designed.

~Century0

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Typing Games to Improve your Speed and Earn you Keys London_Ash 7 21,935 12-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Last Post: SearchBuzz